Seems that the speed-skating oval that Richmond stole from SFU is going to be basically useless after the Olympics are over. So, they screwed us out of an Olympic landmark, with promises of lower costs to the IOC because they planned on taxing the middle-class to pay for the inflation hikes (the same people who didn't actually get to, y'know, vote on it, or anything), and now the ridiculously expensive structure they're going to build? Is disposable. Because nobody could have predicted that building a massive concrete complex intended to hold thousands of people on SILT could have any potential downside. o.O
And now they're adamantly and pissily telling everyone that they've mentioned the silt-related problems "thousands of times" and that nobody should really be surprised. Except I'm pretty sure they haven't. And damnit, our campus directory maps still have a little dotted-lined-off-area that says "future site of speed skating oval." Sad little maps. And the worst thing that can happen up there is that it could slide off the mountain in case of an eight-point-five on the Richter scale, which, let's face it, is somewhat less likely than the big expensive skating thingy sinking into the ground as Richmond is wont to do, what with being built on a gigantic alluvial fan.
My sunburn: still not faded. Not even a little. Have used ice, have used aloe, have screamed at it. This is unusual, and a little excessive, I think, even if I *am* the pastiest pasty thing that ever lived. Curse you, nasty yellow face!
1. How does the world see you? "Both Hands," Sweet Signatures
I'm... not sure how to take that.
2. Will I have a happy life? "Vincent," Don McClean
Oh, Christ. Well, at least I'll be famous later. o.O
3. What do my friends think of me? "William Shakespeare's In My Cat," The Arrogant Worms
4. Do people secretly lust after me? "The Honeymoon is Over," Cruel Sea
The honeymoon is over, baby,
it ain't never gonna be that way again
I'm going to take that as a no. o.O
5. How can I make myself happy? "The Flag," Barenaked Ladies
Get into an intensely dysfunctional and abusive relationship. Check.
Actually, I think I might give that one a pass. o.O
6. What should I do with my life? "Here and Now," Veruca Salt
See, that's a lot of pressure. Or none at all. Neither of which is helpful.
7. Will I ever have children? "You'd Better Love Me," James Darren (as Vic Fontaine)
8. What is some good advice for me? "Wild Horses," Sundays
9. How will I be remembered? "Made to Heal," OLP
I'm thinking I have done something to piss off the music.
10. What's my signature dancing song? "I'm a Believer," Smash Mouth
I guess I can live with that. Though, I dance in public so *often*. :P
11. What's my current themesong? "She La," 5440
I think I'll just let that one go.
12. What do others think is my current themesong? "Here's to the Losers," James Darren (as Vic Fontaine)
Oh, thanks. Thanks lots. Very encouraging.
13. What shall they play at my funeral? "Atmosphere," Landing Gear
"Open the door,
on the atmosphere
let the breath out
you've been holding out for years"
Am I secretly dying and no one has told me? FESS UP.
The only other way to take this is that you are all secretly plotting my death, rather unsuccessfully.
I don't think I like this game anymore.
14. What type of men do I like? "Revolution," REM
15. How's my love life? "Atlantic City," Bruce Springsteen
I'm not completely sure, but I can't confidently say that this is a good sign...