Where did you grow up? Southern BC - Vancouver suburbs
What do you call...
1. a body of water, smaller than a river, contained within relatively narrow banks?
2. the thing you push around the grocery store?
A grocery cart.
3. a metal container to carry a meal in?
4. the thing that you cook bacon and eggs in?
5. the piece of furniture that seats three people?
Is a couch. When I was little, it was chesterfield.
6. the device on the outside of the house that carries rain off?
7. the covered area outside a house where people sit in the evening?
If it's ground-floor, patio. If it's second or higher story, porch.
8. carbonated, sweetened, non-alcoholic beverages?
9. a flat, round breakfast food served with syrup?
10. a long sandwich designed to be a whole meal in itself?
11. the piece of clothing worn by men at the beach?
12. shoes worn for sports?
13. putting a room in order?
14. a flying insect that glows in the dark?
15. the little insect that curls up into a ball?
16. the children's playground equipment where one kid sits on one side and goes up while the other sits on the other side and goes down?
17. how do you eat your pizza?
Depends how hungry I am. If it's really hot and I'm not ravenous, with a knife and fork. Otherwise, from the sides.
18. the act of private citizens putting up signs and selling their used stuff?
19. the evening meal?
20. the thing under a house where the furnace and perhaps a rec room are?